Tailgating Tips: Getting Started
It’s one thing to watch football on the TV, but it’s another thing to experience it in person, and with that comes tailgating. You can’t have football without tailgating, and that is what New Orleans drivers are looking forward to most this season. In fact, many enjoy football just for the tailgating experience when it comes to food, people, and fun. You don’t have to be a seasoned tailgater to enjoy tailgating in New Orleans. Whether you’ve done plenty of tailgating in NOLA or you’re just beginning your tailgating experience, we’re going to provide you with plenty of tailgating advice so that you’re prepared for the season.
Everything You Need for Tailgating
The best way to enjoy the tailgating experience is with a vehicle of your own. You want a ride that can not only fit all of your items, but also friends going to the game with you. That is where vehicles such as the Nissan Rogue, Pathfinder, or Titan come into play. Our selection of Nissan vehicles can help you take things to the fullest this tailgating season and bring along plenty of family, friends, and gear. So what items do you need for your tailgating when you’re coming in from Gretna?
- SUV Tailgate Tent: Whether you’re tailgating with a Nissan Rogue or Pathfinder, an SUV tailgate tent will take your tailgating experience to the next level. It’ll provide additional coverage so that you can enjoy tailgating even if the weather isn’t cooperating.
- Portable Grill: What’s tailgating without food? With a portable grill, you’ll have no problem grilling up some food before the big game.
- Folding Table: A folding table will allow you to easily have a place to put your food and drinks when you’re tailgating in and around New Orleans.
- Cooler: Speaking of drinks, there’s nothing quite like a cold and refreshing beverage to accompany your tailgate food. You’ll want a cooler to ensure that your drinks stay cool at your tailgate.
Whether it’s college football, or you’re going to the Superdome to find which team is about to hear “WHO DAT” today, you’ll be able to count on our selection of new and used vehicles at Ray Brandt Nissan to make your drives that much better.
Superdome Tailgating Tips
If you’re ready to support the Saints or your face is painted purple and gold for the LSU Tigers, you’re ready to get tailgating. There are some things you should know before you start your tailgating experience, and Ray Brandt Nissan is here to help you get started:
- Tailgating gates open around five hours before kickoff, so make sure you plan ahead. It’s important to know however that tailgating does cost money at the Superdome, between 30 and 40 dollars. But spots go quickly, so it’s first come, first serve. You can even get there the night before the game to make sure that you get a great location.
- Like everything in New Orleans, food and music take center stage at every tailgating event. You can expect incredible music, grilling and BBQing, as well as plenty of beer.
- Don’t forget to check out Champions Square, the 60,000-square-foot outdoor plaza that can hold up to 8,000 fans. You can enjoy food, beverages, people, and watch home games live on the many large screen TVs.
- Keep it fun, even with fans of the opposing team. New Orleans has a reputation around the country for having some of the best food, the best music, and the best fans. So show those people coming in from out of town what makes the Who Dat Nation different.
Find Your Tailgating Vehicle Today at Ray Brandt Nissan
So if you’re ready to experience the tailgating difference then it’s time for you to view the selection of quality cars, trucks, and SUVs at Ray Brandt Nissan. We not only make it easy for you to get a great deal, but we’re some of the biggest fans and supporters of all of the sports teams in Harvey. Contact us with any questions, or come in today.